|Type of gasifier||Advantages||Type of feedstocks||Operating temperature (°C)||References|
|Fixed bed gasifier|| ● High tolerance of ash content.|
● Able to withstand high moisture content feedstock.
● Low tar accumulation.
● Minimum sensitivity towards feedstock size and quantity.
|Fluidized bed gasifier|| ● High heat transfer rate.|
● Thorough mixing of feedstock and bed material.
● Moderate requirements of gasification medium
|Wood and bark waste||300–400|||
|Entrained flow|| ● Flexibility types of feedstock.|
● Short processing time.
● Uniformity of temperature throughout reactor.
● Low tar production in gas.
|Jatropha curcas shell||1000|||
|Bituminous coal and wheat straw||1300|||
|Empty fruits bunch||900|||
|Plasma|| ● Capable to treat both hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.|
● Nontoxic method to destroy hazardous waste.
● Easy removal of ash as slag.
|MSW and plastic solid waste||1250–1315|||
|Hazardous waste from oil and gas||1500|||